Thursday, January 11, 2018

25 Weeks with Trace

We're nicknaming this baby Trace (as in Tres- Spanish for 3, as in baby #3).
That's not his actual name though. We have one we like better. :)

I'm 25 weeks today and I'm feeling really good.
I am working out 5-6 days a week taking spin classes at the gym, at home on my Peloton, lifting weights 2-3 times a week (not setting any PRs by any means, just lifting light to moderate weight), and running and walking.
Well, it's more like a jog, really.

I will tell you, when I was pregnant with my first in 2009 I didn't move off the couch, unless it was to go get the gallon of Moolenium Blue Bell ice cream in the fridge. Annnnd then back to the couch.

After I had him I began the weight loss process losing 60 lbs. before getting pregnant with #2.

During that pregnancy, I ran a lot. Up until 38 weeks. But that's essentially all I did.
I ate pretty mindfully and gained 31 lbs. with him.

Fast forward to 6 years later.
Here we are, 25 weeks pregnant with the 3rd baby I thought I'd never have, and I feel really friggin good!

I truly believe it's because I've been living a healthy lifestyle for the past several years that it's just NORMAL for me now.

The only thing I've been dealing with is acid reflux (Zantac has helped a TON) and my hips going numb at night because I'm a side sleeper.
This was an issue in both my last pregnancies as well.

But other than that, I have no complaints!

I am so much more laid back with this pregnancy. I got rid of all things baby several years ago so I have literally nothing besides a mini crib for our room (Trace's room is upstairs and he'll be sleeping in our room for awhile bc I'm not trekking up and down those stairs a hundred times in the middle of the night), a few outfits, and some odds and ends.
But I'm not stressing about it.
Anything we need we can buy, and it's just not a huge stress factor like it was with my first two.

I'm also not stressing about work or having time off, etc. This was a huge stress factor with both the older boys. How much time would I get off for work? Would I be able to handle going back to work after having them? What about daycare? Could we afford it?
All things that are no longer factors.

It really couldn't be a better time for me to have a baby.
We are really excited and though I know I'll be completely starting over, I can't wait to see the big boys with their brother.
Mushy keeps telling me every day "uuughhhh, I wish our baby was coming today!"
It makes me smile so big that he wants to meet him that badly!

And bonus- I'll have helpers this time!
Big T was 2 when I had Mushy, so he was no help at all! :)
I'm pretty excited about that!

Up next is getting the nursery set up- though we won't be using it much, and trading the Jeep in for a 3rd row vehicle *cough* NOMINIVAN *cough*

All in all, things are going really well and moving right along!

Here is a pregnancy comparison picture from 25 weeks with Big T & 25 weeks with Trace.
Lots of years of hard work in between there! :)