Monday, May 8, 2017

Like Riding a Bicycle.

Sitting down to create this blog has been easy.
Well, if by easy, I mean I had to relearn how to navigate my way through it, play with headers and texts, research logistics, and all of the stuff I've forgotten over the years.
But the actual act of sitting down to write the first entry has taken me all day to do.
This part always used to come so easy to me.
I'd just sit down and my thoughts and feelings would pour out onto the keyboard.
I often didn't think about what I was typing, or how it would come across.
I just wrote, truthfully and unapologetically.
Well, for the first several years I did...

So I'll just do a quick recap for you.

Back in 2008 I started blogging. I wrote about nothing and anything.
I was a newlywed and I had a lot of time on my hands (ahhh, pre-kiddo days).
I then started writing about my pregnancy. Before getting pregnant I was 185 lbs.
I gained about 35 lbs. with my pregnancy, bringing my 5'6 frame to 220 lbs.
It wore on me. It was hard to sleep, much less actually MOVE and be a functional member of society on a daily basis.
After I had my son, T, I started the weight loss process.
I'll go more into that later, but basically I ended up changing my entire life.
And if you have followed along for any amount of time, then you know that is a complete and utter understatement.
Those changes that I made would lead me to a path that I had NO INTENTION of following, nor knew I COULD.

You see, in my younger years, I was bold and lively. I was outgoing and ambitious.
Years of life had put me in this place where I didn't recognize myself.
I was quiet and reserved, always afraid to speak up, always in the wrong, and never good enough.
Not to relive the past, but I wasn't in a healthy marriage and over the years that just wore on me.
So when I started to lose weight, I started to gain confidence.
I started to speak my mind, and I started to feel more like myself again, something my then husband wasn't used to.
We tried to make it work, counseling, separating, more counseling, etc.
There's more to that story, but the details of our split are no one's business.  I respect my ex husband and would never bad mouth him. He remains a good friend of mine to this day and we coparent pretty damn good, if I do say so myself.
I know people make it work every day, we just weren't those people.
We'd changed over the 12 years we'd been together.
Myself, A LOT.
If you don't change and evolve from the age of 18 to 30, something is not right my friend.

Before all of that, we had our second son, Mushy in 2011.
I had a much healthier pregnancy with him and was able to continue running, something I'd now grown accustomed to since living a healthier lifestyle, all throughout my pregnancy.
After having him, I, once again, started the weight loss process.

Here's where things started to grow.
See, I had no idea that blogging was even a "thing." I didn't know people got paid for it, I didn't know people would want to read my pointless rambling, any of that. But once I started posting my real and honest thoughts on weight loss, life and motherhood, it was like all of a sudden I had people from all over reading my blog.
The things I've been able to do and people I've been able to meet through the blog is amazing!
Two of my best friends are girls I met through my blog.
I started making money and finding my way because of the blog.
It opened up a lot of doors for me, things I didn't know were possible, things I'll tell you all about in time.

I could go on and on about everything, and I will, I promise.
But I'm not one for lengthy posts, and right now my 5 year old is peeking his head around the corner of my office trying to get one last snuggle in before bed, and no offense, but those snuggles are way more important at the moment.

For now, all you need to know is that I'm back, and I have SO MUCH to tell you.



Chat soon.

xo.