Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Pay it Forward- Chris

This is Chris & Kim.


"I am nominating my dad and his girlfriend (basically my step mom), Chris Lieberman and Kim Hann. I am nominating them because in a time of great need of assistance, they’re still striving to help others. My dad was the Founder and executive Director for the Tulsa Route 66 Marathon (I had the privilege of meeting you and cheering you across the finish line when you ran your first marathon!). 

March 8th, 2016 our family’s lives were turned upside down. I was a freshman in college, my sister just graduated college and landed a job in Dallas (away from home) when we received a call to let us know our dad fell off of a ladder in the marathon warehouse and suffered a severe traumatic brain injury, he was being rushed into emergency surgery and they said he most likely wouldn’t make it. 4 weeks in a coma, in the Neuro trauma ICU + many many months in the hospital + many YEARS in inpatient rehab facilities around the US (I encourage you to follow his Facebook page, Chris Lieberman Updates, we have shared his story there since the week of his injury) he survived and our family has started the Brain Injury Recovery Foundation this year, to help and care for families who are just now going through what we’ve gone through. My dads fight isn’t over. They are currently living off of disability and Kim’s part-time job income, traveling to Dallas for my dad to receive therapy 3-days a week and still giving the foundation their all. We have a goal to make it easier on families in Oklahoma, to not have to travel out of state for therapy like we did, and build a rehab center in Oklahoma.. however, we need donations to make that happen and I need my dad back! In order to get my dad back, he has to continue therapy and our family doesn’t have the means to continue supporting the traveling to Dallas financially. I am asking for help in two areas, 1) gas cards and fast food cards while they’re on the road to recovery and 2) donations to make sure Oklahomans have resources in state to receive affordable therapy to overcome neurological injuries such as brain injuries, strokes, MS, spinal cord injuries and more."





********************************************************
Location: Tulsa, OK

I have had the pleasure of meeting both Chris & Kim many years ago, as I ran my first ever marathon at the Route 66 Marathon. They are both amazing people and are so incredibly deserving.

How you can help:

You can donate directly to the Brain Injury Recovery Foundation (tax deductible) HERE.

You can purchase items directly from Chris & Kim's Amazon Wishlist.

You can purchase gas gift cards HERE and email them to:
kim@braininjuryrecoveryfoundation.org

Pay toward Chris's continued therapy at REACT Dallas HERE.

Thank you for Paying it Forward.