Monday, December 3, 2018

Pay it Forward- The Rawls

This is the Rawls Family



Location: Whiteville, NC


"When I was pregnant with my Son, who is now 19 months, I developed preeclampsia and was put on bed rest and taken out of work where I was a Medical Coder. After I had my Son I reached back out to my employer and they had filled my position without my knowledge and told me there wasn’t a job for me anymore. 
We thought it was a minor setback and looked at it as a blessing. 
That I would find another job soon, but it was the beginning of a nightmare. 
Fast forward to now and I haven’t been able to find a job that would work with a child care schedule.

My Husband is a Law Enforcement Officer (who also works his off days part time at Autozone Part Store) for the city we live in and risks his life everyday. 
They pay isn’t enough to manage a family of 3 on one income. We have gone weeks without actual food and grocery shopping. Our bills have grown into a massive pile of debt that we haven’t been able to manage.

A few months ago we made the decision to move closer to my parents and family. To have help. 
I had found a job making decent money to help match my Husband's salary, to get caught up and to make the payments on our “new house”. 
Just two months after moving in Hurricane Florence hit and our entire neighborhood flooded. 
Which has never happened. 
My husband worked 8 days straight during the storm leaving us behind. 
We had to evacuate and pray everything would be okay when we returned. We felt like a black cloud just continued to follow us around. 
That was back in September. 
We still don’t have heat/air or any repairs to our home haven’t even been started. 
Mold is in our laundry room and on some of our doors. We also lost my husbands Tahoe that we parked at my parents thinking they would be safe, but wasn’t. 
It’s been in the teens this week here in NC and I’ve had to send my Son to bed bundled up as if he was going outside.
Last month, My Husband decided the first of the year he was going to go off to truck driving school which in return would leave me basically a single mom, raising our Son and praying that he may one day be able to get a local job that would allow him to see our Son after he gets a year of experience. 
The job I got, that I mentioned happened before the Hurricane, they ended up letting me go as well. Since I got a job I had to put my Son in day care. Which made him very sick since he has only ever been home with me or family. During this time he also developed a dairy sensitivity which caused the day care to call me anytime he threw up and I would have to leave and go get him since my Husbands schedule and job demand didn’t allow him to. I have prayed endlessly that something would work out for the good, and allow me to provide for my family or my dreams of owning my own business would come true.

With every step forward came 10 steps back. I tried MLM and anything I could do on the side to help makes ends meet, but I haven’t had any success. 
I would love to give my Son the Christmas he deserves, buy him clothes that he hasn’t outgrown and a nice pair of shoes and thank my Husband for all his hard work and for his scarifies he has had to make for our family."
**************************************************************************************************


WAYS TO HELP:

You can purchase items from the Rawls Family Wishlist - FULFILLED
and have it sent directly to them.

OTHER WAYS TO HELP:

Gift cards to Walmart to help with groceries and clothes will help tremendously. 
You can also send monetary donations directly to their PayPal to help pay their bills and lessen the financial burden this Christmas. 
If you'd like to send monetary donations or gifts, please email me at JBHolidayPIF@gmail.com with the subject line BRISTOL123

Thank you for Paying it Forward!