Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Pay it Forward- Marissa's Smile

This is Marissa.


Location: Wichita Falls, TX

"I’m writing in regards to my sister, Marissa. 
She is a mother to 2 boys, ages are 11 and 5. 
She is such a funny person and always brings out the best in those around her. 
However, she made some bad choices in 2008 and began using drugs when she started hanging around with the wrong crowd. 
It wasn’t long before getting back on the right track but the effects of the drugs were long lasting. 
Her teeth were extremely damaged and still are. She has her joy but her smile is gone and it hurts my heart. 
She is so good about putting everyone before herself! I want her to put herself first but she needs some help.

She lost her top teeth to her addiction. 
She cleaned herself up and has remained clean for 5 years, Thank God! 
Even since her sobriety her joy has diminished due to her smile being taken. 
She works so hard as a single mom to support her two boys and always puts herself last. 
She is in desperate need of her remaining teeth to be pulled (6) that are broken and decayed and dentures. 
The total cost is around $1,200 at the local dental clinic. 
I would love to help but as a college senior and a family of my own, I don’t have the extra cash to give her. 
I am reaching out to you for help. 
Please help my sister regain her joy and SMILE."
******************************************************************

I know this story will touch many people who have dealt with, or have a family member who has dealt with addiction.
Let's remember it is not our place to judge others' journey's. 
Marissa has worked hard to provide for her boys and get her life back in order. That in and of itself is amazing and commendable. 

Let's help Marissa get her smile back!

WAYS TO HELP:

You can donate directly to Marissa's dental fund via her PayPal HERE.
These monetary donations will go directly toward the dental work Marissa needs done.

OTHER WAYS TO HELP:

If you are a dentist, or know of resources to help Marissa with her smile, please email me at JBHolidayPIF@gmail.com with the subject line MARISSA1218.

Thank you for paying it forward.