Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Holiday Pay it Forward 2018


In 2012/2013 I was writing my blog daily and documenting my 60 lb. weight loss, running journey and new mama journey.
I had a good amount of people reading my blog and I wanted to do SOMETHING to help less fortunate people during the holidays.
Pay it Forward was born.

I had my readers submit stories of families they knew of in need. Families who were good people but had fallen on tough times.
The amount of people nominated was overwhelming. I spent the entire month of December reading through heart wrenching families, trying to decide who's to feature.
It was hard. But more than anything, it humbled me and stirred something so deep inside me that I didn't know was there.

I wanted to use my platform for good. I wanted to #bethebridge and connect these people who NEEDED help, with people who COULD HELP!

So I posted their stories on my blog with ways to help and what happened next was a Christmas miracle.
My readers rallied together and sent these families PILES of gifts for their kids, gift cards to buy groceries, clothes to people who had lost everything in hurricanes and fires, paid off medical bills for complete strangers, bought entire Christmases for inner city classrooms, donated any and everything they could, sent cards and letters just saying they were praying for them in their time of need.
Many families didn't even know they had been nominated and would come home to mound of gifts, piles of gift cards and letters and just BLESSINGS.

It filled my heart with so much joy, that I've wanted to do it ever since.

The thing is, it's a lot to take on. It's a lot of behind the scenes and organizing work that I just didn't know HOW to do.
I still don't really know HOW.
I just know I HAVE TO.

Over the past 5 years since doing the Pay it Forward a lot has happened in my own personal life.
I've gotten divorced, started my life over from ground zero, had my 3rd child, gotten remarried and built a life I am proud of.
I am truly blessed and I feel like it's the right time to bring back the Pay it Forward Movement.
I call this a movement because thats exactly what it is.

I'm just creating the bridge to connect these people who can help with those that TRULY NEED IT.

HERE'S THE PLAN:
I will choose 20 families to feature on this blog from December 1st-December 20th.
I will post their story on my blog (right here) and will then give y'all call to action steps. Most likely it will be in the form of an Amazon wish list, etc.

You can then read through the stories and if you feel so inclined, send anything that family needs directly to them.
I will let you know how you can help the families nominated and what all they need.
Even prayers, cards and letters of encouragement and kind words would be AMAZING!

HOW TO NOMINATE A FAMILY:
I have received over 100 entries already. Please know this process takes awhile to sort through.
I do have some awesome friends helping me out!
But if you would like to nominate a family, you can send a SHORT email (please keep them short, as reading through them takes a lot of time!) with who you are nominating and why to
JBHolidayPIF@gmail.com
Pictures of the family would be great.

IF YOU WANT TO HELP:
Read the stories and donate!
Share the blog, share my Instagram (@justbrandi_) , share the stories!
Another way you can help is to spread the word. The connections we can make go far beyond my reach!

Thank you all for being part of such an amazing movement! It blew me away with the amount of kindness I saw last time, and I just know it will again!!! I can't thank you all enough!

Here is one of the AMAZING things we were able to pull together and accomplish 5 & 6 years ago:




Please direct any questions to JBHolidayPIF@gmail.com