Friday, April 6, 2018

Induction Talk

My dr. told me we have an induction date set at my last appointment!
I've never been induced before, my body has naturally gone into labor 3 and 4 days before my due date with the boys.

However, with Trace, I've had to be monitored more closely and his growth is the main concern.
First, it was my dying placenta, now my fundal height has been measuring small the past few weeks, so we have a sonogram on Tuesday, April 10th to do a bio physical profile to determine how big all the things are.
Check my amniotic fluid, measure his growth, see my placenta again, etc.

Good news is that movement hasn't decreased at all, he is still so dang squirmy.
I swear, he's more wiggly than the boys were, at least from what I remember.

I talk to my man a lot about how this pregnancy makes me feel, etc.
He's asked if it's been different because this baby wasn't planned, how I've felt in comparison to the last two, etc.

Honestly, even though he wasn't planned, it doesn't make me any less excited for him!
I kind of feel a bit MORE excited for this baby, just based on my life circumstances.
With both the boys I worried about EVERYTHING, I was stressed out about going back to work, money, and so much more.
That pressure has been lifted AND I'll have 2 little helpers this time! So all in all, I feel more relaxed.

Aside from being monitored more closely this time, this pregnancy has been the easiest on my body.
I truly believe that's because I've been so active for so many years.
Hopefully it will be the easiest postpartum, too.

At my 37 week appointment I was only dilated to 1 cm and not effaced at all.

So if everything looks good on the sonogram on Tuesday, I will go another week and get induced on the 19th.
My dr. says there is no need to push it any further than that and I 100% trust her decision.

Regardless, baby boy will be here VERY SOON!
We can't wait to meet him!